SoGS

MemberlistMemberlist    

This Site Has Changed My Life

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Espresso_Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: This Site Has Changed My Life Reply with quote

I may not have been a regular listener in a long time, but I've tried to come back every so often. I don't remember how I found your stream, but what matters is that I did. It has had a profoundly positive effect on my tastes in music, my appreciation for music in general, and who I am as a person. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful collection with the ears of the world. I can't even begin to count the number of bands I've found and loved because of you. NoMeansNo, Number Girl, Stikky... the list goes on and on. The music that you've exposed me to became the music I exposed my friends to, and they their friends. I know dozens of people who never would have known their favorite bands had it not been for you.

Thank You
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

I don't know what to say, other than that I'm moved nearly to tears.

I think back to those afternoons of my youth spent huddled over the turntable spinning these tunes and I never would've imagined that such a solitary passion could be something I could share with others. Even at the site's launch, it was more of a geeky "look at what I can do on the Internet" thing. But over the years, all 9 of them, it's changed and I see it now as something of a historical archive. Something for the old timers such as myself to revisit time and again. Something to reunite former band members. Something for those who never knew about the scene to learn. And to pass the torch to another generation.

I was recently contacted by someone whose dad played in one of the bands here- how awesome is that??? And there are others who are still in their teens discovering this music for the first time and it blows my socks off that it can still resonate after all this time.

I know I'm not a very active presence here but this site is my baby (as I recently explained to a friend) and I do monitor it regularly. Hearing from all of you who've written in, posted on the forums, who submitted info here and there - thank you. Those things are my reward and it fills me warmth to be able to share this all with you.
zretrareo27

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: awesome! Reply with quote

Dude, thats great. I really hope this site stays up. I know this is isn't relevant, but I am currently doing a project in my art class where we have to design a CD cover, booklet, and front. I think I may make a small compilation for SOG if thats cool with you. I'm not profiting off of it or anything, but I think it would be fun. If I do end up doing this I'll make sure to send you (harry) a copy so you can post it on here and then a list of songs that are the playlist as well.
See you on the flipside
-Shelly Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: