SoGS

MemberlistMemberlist    

New stream settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:08 pm    Post subject: New stream settings Reply with quote

This 'cast has always been streamed at 56 kilobits per second (except for the short lived experiment where I'd switch to 28 on weekends). Lately, I've been dissatisfied with the quality and have played around with the settings, trying to balance sound quality with cpu load and network utilization.

For the past few weeks, the stream has been running at 64kbps. It's a smidge better sounding and hasn't caused any hiccups. So, for the time being, I think I'm going to stick with it. At 56kbps, you needed broadband anyway, so what's 1 more KB per second?

If you have violent opposition to this, speak your mind.

-Harry
ME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:24 am    Post subject: 64 mo better Reply with quote

I like it better now the qualty is much better I can hear the music now which was a problem with some tracks befor.
Thanks Much Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: