SoGS

MemberlistMemberlist    

huge pinhead gunpowder/crimpshrine/onionflavoredrings fan...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> Bands, Songs, and Albums
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PINHEAD GUNPOWDER or GREEN DAY ? ? ?
pinhead gunpowder, defintely.
57%
 57%  [ 11 ]
green day, without a doubt.
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

iwalkalone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: huge pinhead gunpowder/crimpshrine/onionflavoredrings fan... Reply with quote

hey. my name is mike and im from new york. ive been listening to east bay punk for a long time now. its become a sick obsession throughout the years. some of my all time favorite bands are: Crimpshrine, Pinhead Gunpowder, Fifteen, Onion Flavored Rings, Jawbreaker, Primus, Monsula, The Lookouts, The Criminals, Sweet Baby, Cleveland Bound Death Sentence, Filth, Blatz, etc., etc...

im always looking for suggestions for new bands to listen to. im really into gruffy, dirty pop-punk/rock... also alot of the mission district bands. some other bands i love are: Leatherface, the broadways, lawrence arms, dillinger four, grabass charlestons, allergic to bullshit, hot water music, i farm, etc....

if you could suggest any good bands for me to check out, thatd be awesome. and im always looking to do RECORD/CD TRADES, MIX TAPE TRADES, and im looking for ALL SORTS OF EAST BAY RECORDS (cd/vinyl) TO BUY!!!!!..... and always looking for fellow east bay fans to talk with... thanks!

this board is fucking dope.

-mike

dead broke rekkerdz (www.dbr.ooscan.net)

[pinhead gunpowder]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
oliver hoe!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: east coast punk Reply with quote

Hey man - right on! Its good to hear the east bay sound made it to the east coast. I was in Tally Hoe with Chuck from Monsula. I figured we were gone and forgotten. Stay up, dood!
snakfud_chris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: dirty mission district pop punk Reply with quote

Shotwell.

And it's on the stream. Anything from Geneva Avenue Fallout split LP is awesome. (Also the Miami stuff, from the flip side is ok too).
iam_the_stranger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: hey chuck Reply with quote

woah amazing. monsula is defintely not forgotten, i fucking love sanitizied and structure. razors is an incredible song, and it helps me, my friend was killed with a macchede' (spelling?)... but i absolutely love monsula!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for making such amazing music!!!!!!!

-iwalkalone
trybud

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who are you (oliver hoe)? i went to De Anza HS w/ you guys...you still in touch w/ Luis?
Lush J

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: "Razors Never Die" Reply with quote

"Razors" is the hit! Paul is...? He was a cab driver in Montreal for some years in the 1990s, he returned a few years back. Where is he now? Anyone know?

P.S.- Machete. Every time someone mentions a machete, I think of Rosebud breaking into the UCB Chancellor's house with a machete. Dramatic, but it ended in her death.

P.P.S.- Speaking of Aaron Elliot, some of my spare Cometbus are up on e-bay right now. Check out the "Trade/Sale" section of the message board.
Green Day

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love east bay punk, Green Day got me into it and Operation Ivy made me stay.
opivygirl1039

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same deal with me. my dad first got me listening to green day when i was 3, and i've loved east bay stuff ever since. operation ivy is such a great band it kept my interest when i almost went to the dark side(rap!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
OperationGreenIvy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old school rap sure as hell isn't the darkside. NWA is your father.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> Bands, Songs, and Albums All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: