SoGS

MemberlistMemberlist    

Lots of Cometbus and Absolutely Zippo zines for sale!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> Trades & Sales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lush J

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Lots of Cometbus and Absolutely Zippo zines for sale! Reply with quote

Check it out, the items end this weekend on e-bay. Also up there are the last copies of The Criminals "Never Been Caught" on vinyl, as well as various bits and pieces.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=binky54

By the way, I'm running for Berkeley City Council in District 5, there's a lot of information at www.townleyforcouncil.org

Thanks!
fluke_fanzine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse, where are the zines for sale? i may be interested in those, if i don't have them already.

i met you at what i think was an acoustic rancid show, at a house in oakland in '92. you had a broken leg...i asked you what happened and you said, "i broke my leg." you were a dick.
lushj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Broken Leg? E-Bay... Reply with quote

Broken leg? Wasn't me. Are you sure I was the one who was a dick to you? If so, why? I was at that show though. I have a cassette of that gig, it's a neat look at that band circa 1993.

I ride by that house en route to work and wonder if the residents there know about the crazy shows that happened there. The woman next door who would yell at people for parking in "her spot" in front of her house is no longer there and the house is being renovated. She either passed away or moved.

I don't have those zines for sale anymore, but other things (out of print stuff too) are at my e-bay store http://stores.ebay.com/Jesse-Luscious-Presents-Punk-n-More_ and available through www.littletype.com
fluke_fanzine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse,

maybe a broken arm? maybe i'm mistaken, that was a long time ago, huh? is there anyway i could get a copy of that tape? i could reciprocate in some way. yeah, i had a good time in the east bay, i was there for a few weeks, staying at "little arkansas." i've been listening to blatz lately, and really liking it. it's been a long time. thanks.
lushj

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Acoustic rancid tape Reply with quote

[quote="fluke_fanzine"]maybe a broken arm? maybe i'm mistaken, that was a long time ago, huh? is there anyway i could get a copy of that tape? i could reciprocate in some way. yeah, i had a good time in the east bay, i was there for a few weeks, staying at "little arkansas."quote]

Right on, I don't remember if I had a broken wrist at that point or not. I know I had one in mid-late 1989. My memory is a bit hazy. Little Arkansas was a great house too. The crazy green house is still around the corner, it's not green anymore but it's still filled with freaks and artists. Berkeley pirate radio was there for years off and on through the 90s.

I can't send you the tape because even though I got it cleaned up a little bit by a buddy of mine, I promised the band I wouldn't circulate it. Sorry!
fluke_fanzine

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, that's understandable and makes sense! yeah, i remember that house and also the corner store where we'd buy 40's, i think it was on occidental. i also went to your place too and saw logical nonsense and a few other bands. jeff ott took a few of us to the berkeley rose gardens, in the early morning, while tripping on acid and speed. i checked out gilman and hung out w/ my buddy, mark (sledge) until he took off for new york city w/ a carload of hot girls. good times!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> Trades & Sales All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: