SoGS

MemberlistMemberlist    

Skinflutes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kribbit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Skinflutes Reply with quote

There is a discography on this site with a "???" for one of the albums. The songs "No Longer", "Mixalplict" and "Rebel Run" are from a Skinflutes 7" called "SAWHORSE". The Skinflutes later became a band called Sawhorse.
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting ... thanks for the info, I've filled it in the database with the info you provided. Do you happen to have the track order?

According to the Lookout Records site, this release was is listed as "The Skinflutes - Self Titled". Do you happen to know the story behind the name discrepancy there?

-Harry
Kribbit2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 2:40 pm    Post subject: Ferrous Reply with quote

Well I think they were debating on changing their name but if you look at the cover (flipside) it says "Sawhorse" I can check with Bill and see if he remembers. I have the cover scanned at http://www.kribbit.com under "Bands & Music" then "Skinflutes" then "Discography" The order would be on there too.

I am jealous that you have some tracks I don't have. I have the Skinflutes original Demo (copy 5) - that's gotta be a rare one! Are you into trading mixed tapes or anything?
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ferrous Reply with quote

Thanks for the pointer. I almost got the track order by I can't quite make out the title for track 3. If you can read that off for me, it'll save me a trip to my parents to dig that one up Smile.

Kribbit2 wrote:
I am jealous that you have some tracks I don't have.

Anything in particular?

-Harry
Kribbit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:09 pm    Post subject: Here ya go... Reply with quote

Side 1:
No Longer
Mixalplict
Side2:
Rebel Run

I'd love to have the Benicia... comp and the Very Small World comp. Those comps have bands like Skinflutes, Pinhead Gunpowder and Monsula all of which I collect stuff from. There are probably others on here I haven't noticed yet too! Laughing

http://www.kribbit.com
http://www.theinfluents.tv
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Here ya go... Reply with quote

Kribbit wrote:
Side 1:
No Longer
Mixalplict
Side2:
Rebel Run

Do'h! I didn't realize the part that says "Side 2" was another song. Thanks for the info.

I'll see about the Benecia comp. I don't have a tape deck available at the moment, but I can make the mp3s I digitized (not the full tape) available if you're interested.

-Harry
Kribbit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:33 pm    Post subject: Whooo Hooo Reply with quote

Sure, I'll take whatever you want to share Smile I collect stuff from any band any of the Schneider's are in *hehe*

I have a tape deck and CD Burner and stuff if there is anything you want form me.

http://www.kribbit.com
http://www.theinfluents.tv

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kribbit pointed me towards this site knowing that I was in search of The Skinflutes music and I cannot believe how much this site has to offer. Its like your playlist reads directly from my vinyl and mixed tape collections from when I was 15. Add to that the fact that I can request tracks and they play almost immediately and... I cant believe it. I'll be sending all my friends from back in the day here to, they will be stoked also.

Thanks so much for providing this!
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you like!

Spread the word!

Especially since I'm lousy at it.

And don't forget to rate songs.

-Harry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: