SoGS

MemberlistMemberlist    

some lookout/very small stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> Bands, Songs, and Albums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fukshitup

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: some lookout/very small stuff Reply with quote

Okay, I was in a record store the other. I saw 'Everybody's Entitled To Their Opinion" on vinyl by the Mr. t Experience. Later, I found out it's neary impossibe to find. It sucks, because the store is 3 hours from where I live in New Hampshire.
Also, at that store, I found The Thing That Ate Floyd on 2x12", Make That Collector Nerd Sweat on 10", and Turn It Around on 12". I didn't get Turn it Around because I know the version that is worth something is on 2x7", and I have a deal with someone to buy it for $20.
Did I make a stupid move by leaving with only the following 7"s?:
The Queers-Bubblegum Dreams
The Queers/Sinkhole-Love Ain't Punk
GG Allin and the Jabbers-Out For Blood

I should have gotten the other records instead, huh???
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude!

You left *without* EETTO, TTTAF, MTCNS, and TIA?!?!

Those are *seminal*! Go back!

Err... actually you can just listen to them here. Well, except for EETTO, which I never got around to digitizing. Thrill Factory is better anyway. Oops, looks like I never got around to that one either!

In related news, Lookout is starting to re-release their early releases on CD. Checkout http://www.lookoutrecords.com/catalog/item.php3?sd=401743704&matrix_id=996&bnd_id=29

Man, does that bring back memories! I should start a mp3 stream dedicated to that music!

Wish Lookout would get a move on with this project.

-Harry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I got a copy of the Punk 7" cd in the mail. It is good, except for the Yeastie Girlz. I do not think that you have them uploaded, so please promise me that you never will. They are the first lookout band that I absolutly despise.

Oh, yeah, and I will go back to the record store this weekend I think. I hope the MTX record is still their. The Collector Nerd record was a 2nd pressing along with Floyd, but I hope they are still not worth too much. Also, the Turn it Around record was on 12". Please tell me that that version isn't too too hard to find. It was cheap, but I hate finding out later that I gave up a good deal, especially since I'm 3 hours from Cambridge.
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like I have 1 Yeastie Girlz song here, the one off of Turn It Around. I never liked it myself.

As for the vinyl you passed up - I don't know. I just think those titles would be good to have and listen to, whether they are 1st pressing or CD re-releases. I have "Floyd", but plan on picking up the CD re-release because I want "clean" copies that won't degrade, for here and for myself. I won't be particularly interested in selling my vinyl version, though.

I don't know if I had a point...

-Harry
Lush J

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: some lookout/very small stuff Reply with quote

The repress of Make the Collector Nerd 10" shouldn't be that much, though I guess it depends on the store. That's a rad comp though. David Hayes=ear of gold, usually. The Turn It Around 12" is a 1 time Gilman Street benefit bootleg pressed by MRR, so for curiousity's sake it's interesting. The 7" has all the lyrics and stuff readable though.

I think you scored on the Jabbers 7". Plus, that Yeastie Girlz ep ROCKS! Whoo!

''
fukshitup wrote:
Okay, I was in a record store the other. I saw 'Everybody's Entitled To Their Opinion" on vinyl by the Mr. t Experience. Later, I found out it's neary impossibe to find. It sucks, because the store is 3 hours from where I live in New Hampshire.
Also, at that store, I found The Thing That Ate Floyd on 2x12", Make That Collector Nerd Sweat on 10", and Turn It Around on 12". I didn't get Turn it Around because I know the version that is worth something is on 2x7", and I have a deal with someone to buy it for $20.
Did I make a stupid move by leaving with only the following 7"s?:
The Queers-Bubblegum Dreams
The Queers/Sinkhole-Love Ain't Punk
GG Allin and the Jabbers-Out For Blood

I should have gotten the other records instead, huh???

fukshitup

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jabbers EP only cost me $4.50. I am happy.
Hey, I bought a 2x 7" the other day called Gilman Street Block Party with Neurosis, Rancid, Green Day, Operation Ivy, Isocracy, and Stikky. I havn't listened yet, but they are all live Gilman tracks, which is cool. It was either that or Isocracy, but I couldn't resist
zretrareo27

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damnit, i must be the only person around without a record player. i've got the thing that ate floyd on cd used on amazon dot com but hey, whatever works. and you definately shoulda got those buttt oh wellies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> Bands, Songs, and Albums All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: