SoGS

MemberlistMemberlist    

MORE REQUESTS PLEASE!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warhorn44

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: MORE REQUESTS PLEASE!!! Reply with quote

We all know that not enough people take advantage of this badboy, and it would be really cool if we could get more than 10 requests per hour. It's very irritating when you are the only one listening and you can't listen to something you'd like to. It'd be sweet. Laughing

FIFTEEN.
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: MORE REQUESTS PLEASE!!! Reply with quote

Warhorn44 wrote:
We all know that not enough people take advantage of this badboy, and it would be really cool if we could get more than 10 requests per hour. It's very irritating when you are the only one listening and you can't listen to something you'd like to.

At about 3 minutes average per song, 10 songs is about 30 minutes out of an hour, so with the current request system, one person can monopolize the stream for half of the time, or, put another way, average a request every other song.

I think that if this was increased to a higher level, then it can become unfair to others when there is more than 1 listener- their requests won't go through for longer and they may be forced to listen to stuff they don't like.

Hope you can understand the policy- think of it as a way to possible discover something new!
lunagitana76

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Grrrr Reply with quote

Okay, so the request feature is lovely... until someone monopolizes it and plays one band NONSTOP. I'm not kidding- I have heard more Weakerthans in the last few days than I ever needed to hear in my life. If someone likes a band so much that they feel the need to request blocks of them non-stop, please, just buy the CD's! Some of us would like a little variety!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zretrareo27

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wondering if it's possible to make it so that you can have say, 15 requests per hour, and no more than 5 of the same band?
That would help with monopolizing, and give us all a bit more requests =)
It's not normally a problem for me, but it couldnt hurt if changing that feature can be done like that.
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I think I'm gonna have to stand firm on the 10 per hour. As it is, I think that's a lot - if you called up a radio station, you get just 1 request! And I do want this place to be something like a radio station - sure you can make requests, but there's this DJ (er... written in Perl) that's spinning tunes otherwise.

More than that, this stream becomes closer to just being a way to download music (especially considering streamripping software), and that's not what I want this site to be.
zretrareo27

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, that's cool. I didn't even know you could rip stream music. XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: