SoGS

MemberlistMemberlist    

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! Reply with quote

Hey, remember me? I used to post stuff here every once in a while. I've been working on some other projects of late, so I haven't been spending too much time on this site. But, there was a change to the site I've been mulling over for some time and the stars have finally aligned.

I've decided to switch over to some new software to handle the image gallery stuff (you know, the flyers and album art). It occurred to me that it might be more fun if you, the listeners, could post and share pictures related to this site and the music yourselves, so I'm moving it to an "image board" rather than a "photo album".

Rest assured, all the old stuff is still there - I've moved them over. The only things lost are 2 comments (that no one probably ever noticed - the hiding of comments has always been an annoyance for me) and the views count.

Perhaps of some significance is that quite a lot of people have linked to images in the former gallery - these will now break. The new software also disallows deep linking of images altogether. I've given this some thought and I decided I'd rather not have my bandwidth used like that, often times with no attribution back to this site.

Anyway, the last piece of this puzzle is a new picture sent in by an listener!!! Thanks, Shelly, you made my day. And I expect your picture will be very popular.
zretrareo27

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, its shelly here!
you've welcome! and i sent you some more pictures of green day at gilman if they are any help or not i dunno, but i hope so!
zretrareo27

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wait now i feel dumb, cuz i just realized anyone can post a photo and i didnt need to send it to you! lol
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, yeah, anyone can post, so feel free to do so (thanks for sending the pics, though). Get permission from the source and give attribution, if applicable.
OperationGreenIvy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a ton of Common Rider and Operation Ivy pics on my site- http://www.operationivy.org

You can use 'em any way you wanna.
grimpleupyourass

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: If'n ya feel like it Reply with quote

I got some old pictures floating around somewhere of STIKKY practicing in their room.
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I encourage you all to post pictures as you see fit- the biggest incentive for me to move to this new image board software is so that you all can share your images without having it go through me.

Or, to put it another way, I'm too lazy, and I want you guys to do the posting.

Hah!
-Harry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: