SoGS

MemberlistMemberlist    

Rare bands
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> Bands, Songs, and Albums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punkiscool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:38 pm    Post subject: Rare bands Reply with quote

Hey....just wondering about some random stuff. Does anyone here like these bands: Bitch Fight, East Bay Mud, Plaid Retina or Vomit Launch? Well I do, but why are these bands so short lived? Anyway one more question. Anyone here like 7 Seconds?????? I LOVE THEM GOD THEY KICKASS.
George W Bush

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Yes, punk is cool Reply with quote

Haven't heard of any of those bands but would like to hear them.
Apart from the obvious, I would like to hear some: Truman's Water, God is My Co-Pilot, Sofa head, 28 IF, Half Man Half Biscuit, Sore Throat, Fat Tulips, Heavenly, Wedding Present, they all rock the earth, or did.
Check them all out.
If this station does not comply with my demands, I may have to send them shitloads, despite my total skintness, because this is the beginnings of a really, really super-cool station.

If you're reading this mr station-manager-dude, many thanks, well impressed by general programming policy, especially the inclusion of such beautiful, semi-obscurities from your position as the incredibly brilliant and sadly missed- Strawberry Story and Talulah Gosh.
A total breath of fresh air from the British perspective, and writing as a former worker in the horrible, diseased world of commercial radio.
Peace, love and good music,
Miles.
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad someone likes the Talulah Gosh Smile. I had reservations about it being on here, but dammit, it's too brilliant.

I have some Heavenly (and Marine Research) as well, I'll have to go through them and see if anything seems suitable.

Make sure to check out the Shop Assistants if you haven't yet...

-Harry
fukshitup

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Man Lifting Banner Reply with quote

I heard on a bootleg of Green Day's "Radio Daze" the name "Man Lifting Banner" when they were cutting to break because Billie broke his guitar string. My friend has heard a song by them and thinks that they are rad, does anybody have any mp3s or anything of Man Lifting Banner?
HEDGECORE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard of some of those bands i got that the thing that ate floyed release that has alot of short lived east bay bands
Lush J

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare bands Reply with quote

The Plaid Retina Lookout 7" and "Pink Eye" lp are both brilliant spaz-core comparable to early Nomeansno and just as rad. Later on Very Small they got more noodly and jammy, eh.

East Bay Mud? They were great at clearing the room every time they played. Great guys though. That's the kiss of death, right? "... But they're really nice people."

Vomit Launch put out a bunch of records, they were in Chico so there's probably a bunch of local label releases that didn't go very far. They were around for 5 or 6 years I think.

Punkiscool wrote:
Hey....just wondering about some random stuff. Does anyone here like these bands: Bitch Fight, East Bay Mud, Plaid Retina or Vomit Launch? Well I do, but why are these bands so short lived? Anyway one more question. Anyone here like 7 Seconds?????? I LOVE THEM GOD THEY KICKASS.

miles(ex- GeorgeWBush)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Datblygu Reply with quote

hey has anyone heard of Datblygu?Best Welsh language band I,ve ever heard.Hey Admin. geezer, ta for Heavenly and Shop Assistants,why is it not possible to request "Don't want to be freinds with you"?If you are willing to play stuff downloaded with the artists approval check out Chris Morris,comedy-disturbing satire genius. His George W. speeches are a joy to behold. Dunno website address, but you'll find him through above or Jam, Blue Jam, Brasseye, The Day Today through Google.
miles(ex- GeorgeWBush)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: hey other listener Reply with quote

Hey other listener, nice one, Shop Assistants and Talulah Gosh!
miles(ex- GeorgeWBush)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Now your spoiling me. Reply with quote

Dk. You're a star. Respecccc' other listener.
Dr Corrosion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Hey! Reply with quote

Dig those Limey bands! Rolling Eyes
I went there a few years back. Those guys rule!
Very Happy
miles(ex- GeorgeWBush)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

wow 3 listeners!
miles(ex- GeorgeWBush)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: hi others Reply with quote

Hi other listeners
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Datblygu Reply with quote

miles(ex- GeorgeWBush) wrote:
...Shop Assistants,why is it not possible to request "Don't want to be freinds with you"?

I'm ripping the whole album now, it'll be up later this evening. I don't recall exactly why I had only up'd a few songs before...

-Harry
miles(ex- GeorgeWBush)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: ta Reply with quote

Thanks, for all , cool-as station, well chuffed that Strawberry Storys,Ashlands Road is the most requested song.
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: ta Reply with quote

miles(ex- GeorgeWBush) wrote:
Strawberry Storys,Ashlands Road is the most requested song.

Aye, that's a curious one. Part of that I imagine is the self-fulfilling prophecy aspect of the top requests list - people will naturally request it to see what all the hubbub is. Still, I would've expected a song like that being at the top to be the result of one person who *really* likes the song, but there's nothing in the logs to indicate a vast majority of it comes from one individual.

Strange- on a "punk" 'cast, that's the #1 song.

-Harry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> Bands, Songs, and Albums All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: