SoGS

MemberlistMemberlist    

Request system rewrite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Request system rewrite Reply with quote

It's been more than a year and half since the request system was initially created. I can't imagine not being able to make requests anymore. Sure, most of the time, I just let it random play, but sometimes I'm really in the mood for a particular song, you know?

While I've been mostly happy with the request system, it's been plagued by an intermittent problem that would cause the stream to die. Not a huge deal as it would automatically resume in a couple of minutes, but it was irritating nonetheless, especially since it lost all previous queue information.

I finally mustered the motivation to something about it and hacked up the code a bit so that the requests are now handled differently. Basically, I've separated the queue management out of streamcast, so (a) it shouldn't die anymore and (b) even if it should, the queue shouldn't be affected.

It remains to be seen how well this will work out, but it seems much better (quicker response as well as more stable) so far. Please test it out by making some requests and let me know if you have any problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: