SoGS

MemberlistMemberlist    

Cometbus!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Cometbus! Reply with quote

I picked up Despite Everything - A Cometbus Omnibus recently. It collects 600 pages worth of Cometbus from over the years. I don't see how I'll ever get through it all in my lifetime, but fortunately, linear reading isn't necessary.

For those of you who may not be familiar with the zine, Cometbus was put out by Aaron Cometbus, drummer for Crimpshine. While it's not directly about the music scene, it intersects with the East Bay punk culture over the years. For me, it's a nostalgia trip. Check it out if you get a chance - it's only $15!

On the musical front, I've added a few notable items. In the "old school" category, a couple of Stikky albums. On the new front, listener Brian of The Bomshells wrote in and introduced his band and sent along a CD. Fun stuff! It feels Gilman in the way The Frisk do and I'm glad to have their music here.

And finally, something a bit different. I listen to a variety of music from Japan (remember this song?). I recently came across an album from a band called Number Girl. It reminds me of a mix of Shellac, Superconductor, and old Pixies. It's awesome, and I don't wanna hear it if you don't like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: