SoGS

MemberlistMemberlist    

Comps!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Comps! Reply with quote

Comps!

I also got the Lookout CD re-release of their first 7"s, so the following are now available complete (I left out the Yeastie Girlz) with decent rips (previously, I'd ripped of vinyl/casette):

Enjoy!
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, after a 1st pass listen to all of the new comps, here are some standouts for me (check out my playlists for the one called "Recent Adds" if you wanna convenient way to request all of the below):

First off, the Adeline Every Dog Has Its Day is by far my fave. Very solid.

The Crush - You, Me, and the Emergency Room : this is my most exciting new find of the batch. Listen and tell me you don't hear them out-Samiam-ing Samiam. Definitely shades of Sunshine. (Minneapolis)

American Steel - Turn It Out: after the opening riff, it didn't really matter how the song finished. (Oakland)

Cursive - Gentleman Caller : its not quite punk but I was a sucker for the "doo-doo doo-doo doo-doo doo-doo". (Omaha)

Eyeliners - Wishing On A Star : this is the kind of poppy girl punk I have a weakness for. Sue me. (Albuquerque)

Softball - Zero : OK, I kinda snuck this one in, and it's not even in English, but I can't think of a more perfect pop punk song (did I mention my weakness?). (Japan)
leftoverrec

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must agree with you on the Eyeliners. They are one of my favorite bands, and they are just awesome girls in general. I can't wait for the new album!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: