SoGS

MemberlistMemberlist    

Unrequestable Op Ivy songs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S1L3N7B0B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Unrequestable Op Ivy songs Reply with quote

I noticed you have some of the awesome op ivy unreleased songs listed, but no one can request them. Whats the reason for this?
Harry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Unrequestable Op Ivy songs Reply with quote

S1L3N7B0B wrote:
I noticed you have some of the awesome op ivy unreleased songs listed, but no one can request them. Whats the reason for this?

Generally speaking songs may be listed in the database but not requestable for any one of the following reasons:

* I might not actually have the song in question. Some entries in the database are strictly there as information and I may have entered an album that I don't have.

* Maybe I never ripped that song for some reason, or never digitized it from tape/vinyl. Early on, I was more selective about what I added and tried to pick my favorites. Nowadays, I don't care as much.

* Maybe I removed the song - sometimes I really don't like a song; or it's a weird spoken word piece; or it's got a 6 minute chunk of silence in the middle; or some other reason

Etc.

In the particular case of the OpIvy songs that you mention - I didn't have them. I do now Smile. And they are requestable.

-Harry
S1L3N7B0B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Thanks a lot. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    South of Gilman St. Forum Index -> SoGS Site & Stream All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: